Australia is a top destination for smart and skilled individuals seeking to relocate to a developed country for better possibilities and chances. Numerous visa categories created by the Australian government make it easier for people to immigrate to Australia from India. A few of these categories include Australia’s Permanent Residency Visa, Visas for Study and Travel, Visas sponsored by Families, and others. Several characteristics make Australia one of the finest countries for immigration.
Australia’s Department of Home Affairs (DHA) increased its annual migration planning level from 160,000 to 195,000 for the programme year 2022-2023. It now means that 35,000 extra immigrants will be accepted by the Australian government during this programme year. The DHA has added the majority of these new visa slots (35,000 total), mostly for skilled migration.
As a result, if you want to migrate to Australia, now is the greatest time to do so, as the Australian government has increased its immigration objective and simplified the standards for the application procedure.
Why should one immigrate to Australia?
Here are a few key reasons to apply for immigration to Australia:
- Due to its excellent infrastructure, strong economy, and wide range of employment prospects, Australia attracts immigrants from all over the world.
- According to US News and Report’s Best Country Survey-2022, Australia ranks sixth in the world for overall quality of life and eighth for education and citizenship.
- According to a US News Survey, it is also the world’s second-best country for agility and the third-best country overall for a comfortable retirement.
- To invite, evaluate, and accept internationally skilled and talented individuals, the Australian government has created a structured point-based immigration system.
- Australia is gradually extending its state nomination programmes in order to invite, evaluate, and nominate the most qualified candidates for Australian Skilled Visas.
What are the eligibility requirements for Immigration to Australia
The well-organized migration system and flexible immigration regulations of Australia are well-known. The most popular immigration routes to Australia are sponsored/nominated visas and skilled migration. Thus, let’s examine the required qualifications for Australia’s most popular skilled visa categories.
An applicant must:
- Be under 45 years of age (for skilled/Nominated/sponsored visas)
- Your occupation must be in relevant Skilled occupation list of Australia
- Get the Skill Assessment done from a recognized assessing authority
- IELTS/PTE (English Language Proficiency Test) with a minimum six band score in all four abilities
- Obtain the state nomination if applying for a state nominated visa
- Provide education and work-experience related documents
- Provide Medical certificate for fitness
- Provide PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) as proof of good character
Why Choose Infinite Migration?
At Infinite, A registered migration agent to Australia (MARA) will have a one-on-one conversation with you to go through every aspect of your migration process. For people travelling to Australia, we provide expert migration assistance.
The Registered Migration Agents staff at Infinite are highly trained about all forms of visas, including General Skilled Migration. It is the leading Australian immigration consultancy in India. In order to identify and recommend the programme that is most appropriate for you, Infinite Migration is capable of calculating your individual points and going through the visa application process for each of the programmes that are available. The best immigration consultant for Australia in India is Infinite Migration.
Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (Subclass 186)
For specialised personnel looking for employment in Australia, this visa is for permanent residency. There is a two-step procedure for this visa.
- A recommendation by an approved Australian employer.
- The visa application should be under the nominated stream. The visa application can only be made after nomination, and if the nomination has been accepted, the visa should be applied within six months of the approval. For the visa application to be accepted, the applicant must apply for the visa in the stream and occupation in line with the employer nomination.
The General Skilled Migration Visa primarily favours experienced employees who are keen to live and work permanently in Australia. Those who can obtain sponsorship from an Australian employer may also be interested in this visa.
Sub-categories of this visa include:
- Skilled Independent visa – subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated visa – subclass 190
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491)
The “Skill Select” must be completed if you plan to apply for an Australian visa under the GSM category. Two steps make up this online programme:
- Submission of an EOI (Expression of Interest)
- Visa application.
Family Sponsored Visa
Under certain restrictions, Australia’s family visa programme allows spouses, parents, kids, and other family members to immigrate there. These visas are essentially sponsored by Australian citizens.
Visitor/ Tourist Visa
The visitor or tourist visa can be largely divided into two categories:
- For visit, which could consist of vacationing, leisure activities, visiting an Australian inhabitant family member, medical treatment, etc.
- For business activities, which could include making common business or government enquiries, business consultations, government visits, attending conferences, seminars, job interviews, or professional examinations.
Apart from these, there are some other unique categories for visitor visas too, for example, medical treatment visa (subclass 602), investor retirement visa (subclass 405), transit visa (subclass 771), etc.